- How has the school's vision (or mission statement) changed or been altered in light of the pandemic?
- How - if at all - has the community of the school been changed or altered?
- ...for both, as a follow-up: What positive steps have been taken? Forward progressions? Silver linings?
- What does your model student look like?
- How do you determine if a student is a good match for the school and community?
- What are your curriculum standards? Teaching style? (And consider in light of how your child learns best)
- What is the student-teacher ratio of typical classes? Do your teachers have a focus on individualized learning?
- What tutoring, academic supports, etc. are available? (This should include writing centers and guided study halls)
- Can you explain advisory roles and advisory groups? (if applicable)
- What is student like like at the school? Do students have community-building exercises/activities?
- Can you describe the artistic/athletic experience? How are students encouraged, challenged, and guided to being their best in that setting?
These inquiries, along with the other questions you may have already considered, should help to paint to further paint the picture of your son or daughter's fit with a particular school!
Have additional questions, comments, or concerns, do not hesitate to contact us!